Dom and I were invited to a friend’s house for dinner recently. I promised I would bring an appetizer. After asking her about her menu, I decided I needed to make something savory. My appetizer muse was nowhere to be found. I think she was off eating the free samples at Costco. I set off for the market and was walking around hoping she would come back and help out when WHAM out of nowhere I saw logs of brie in the cheese case. Whoever has seen logs of brie???? The creative juices started flowing and I came up with this tasty little treat.
- 1 President Brie Log
- 2 tablespoons of fig jam
- 1/4 lb low sodium proscuitto
- Sour Cherry Preserves
- Glazed Walnuts
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature
- Slice the brie log in the center enough to make a pocket but not all the way through
- Put the fig jam in the pocket and lightly press to close
- Wrap the log in proscuitto
- Wrap in paper and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Just before serving slice into round discs and top either with the basalmic cherry or a walnut
- Place on a cracker of your choice and serve
Pour yourself a delicious glass of dry white wine, put the Brie on a plate and pretend you are in Paris!