P.S. – I didn’t win😢
I really have never been competitive but lately have taken to entering recipe contests. Maybe I am doing this because I have never been any good at sports and now subconsciously decided that the kitchen is my arena? Where is Dr. Jong when you need him? Anyway, since it is strawberry season, I thought I would share the recipe with you.
- 8 OUNCES OF LOW SUGAR STRAWBERRY PRESERVES
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF BASALMIC VINEGAR
- 1/2 CUP OF SHREDDED FRESH BASIL
- 5 OUNCES OF SLICED PROSCIUTTO
- 11 OUNCES OF GOAT CHEESE
- mix the strawberry preserves with the basalmic vinegar and basil.
- reserve some basil for garnish
- on a piece of parchment paper layer overlapping pieces of prosciutto
- on top of the prosciutto spread the goat cheese
- top the goat cheese with the strawberry preserve mixture
- roll up jelly roll fashion
- refrigerator for 1 hour before slicing