I am going to paraphrase an old Irish song, if your Irish come into the kitchen, I’m going to share dinner with you.
- One large beef brisket (5-8 lbs; about 1/2 lb per person + extra 2 lbs w leftovers)
- 2 bottles Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 bottle red wine
- 2-3 large onions sliced
- put the brisket in the bottom of your slow cooker
- add all of the ingredients.
- cook 10 hours on high
Special Note: As you can see this is a super easy way to make brisket. I always serve this with some horseradish on the side. If you don’t have 10 hours just cook over the course of two days. Cook one day for 5 and the next day for 6. Add the extra hour to allow the slow cooker to come up to the right temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place the cabbage pieces in a single layer on the pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the top.
- Season the cabbage with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cabbage is browned and tender.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the top. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
NANCY’S STACKED POTATOES
Spray a 12 cup muffin tin lightly with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375
Slice scrubbed Yukon Gold potatoes very thin ( use a mandoline if you have one)
In a small bowl mix 2T butter and 2T olive oil; add minced garlic, herbs of choice minced finely. Salt and Pepper 1/4 t each.
Add potato slices to bowl and stir to coat.
Begin layering potatoes in each tin.
Try to have 8-10 slices in each.
Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese( if desired)
Return to oven . Bake for 15 more minutes until desired crispness is reached.
Spoon each stack onto a plate and serve immediately.