Remember I told you about all the different food presents Dom has received through the years in thanks for his medical care. I mentioned one of my favorites was a cheesecake.
The cheesecake arrived at our house one cold winter night in December. It was probably flu season because Dom hadn’t arrived home even by the time Johnny Carson was starting. I remember I was tired and irritable waiting for him to come home. I knew that the following morning would be coming fast and three little boys would wake up well rested and ready to go, go, go. Dom came into the house with a big smile bearing this delicious cheesecake. After one bite, good humor was restored and I listened with a smile on my face about how his patient made it special for him.
So here is that wonderful cheesecake recipe and I hope you eat it with a smile too.
Cheesecake will always taste like love. – Shonda Rhimes
SUPER DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE
For the Crust:
- 1/4 pound of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 pound of cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 pint of sour cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of lemon
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- prepare a springform pan for baking
- combine all the ingredients for the crust
- pat the crust dough along the sides and bottom of the springform pan
- beat the cream cheese and eggs until smooth
- add the remaining ingredients and beat until incorporated
- carefully pour into the springform pan
- put the pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour
- when cool carefully unfold the springform pan
Special Note: The crust to this cheesecake is essentially a sugar cookie and in a pinch I have used prepared sugar cookie dough for the crust. I serve this plain or with cherries as pictured. When I want cherry cheesecake, I use prepared cherry pie filling. I have gifted this cheesecake at Christmas and it looks stunning when I wrapped the crust in a wide ribbon.