One of the more interesting parts of being married to a Doctor has been the presents that Dom’s patients bring to him to thank him for his medical care.
One of the more unique, and delicious Christmas presents he received was a pork roast. Another time a patient gave him a heavenly cheesecake. It was so good, I made Dom get the recipe. He has received tomatoes, bags of zucchini, homemade wine, homemade cheese, cookies and cakes of every size, shape, and flavor. But the other day he brought home a massive bag of Greek Oregano. Honestly, I now have enough oregano to last me until the end of my natural life.
As you can see, I am not making this up! So my mind wandered through the recipes that use oregano and I remembered how delicious chicken oreganato can be. So that’s what we had for dinner and now you have the recipe. Oh, and don’t be afraid to borrow some oregano from me.
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- juice of a lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon aleppo pepper
- 1/4 cup of EVOO
- 2 lbs of bone in chicken thighs
- mix the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper together and marinate the chicken in this mixture for 3 to 4 hours
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator a 1/2 hour before roasting
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- put the chicken and the marinade in an oven proof casserole dish, add the wine, sprinkle the lemon zest on top, and put the thinly sliced lemon on top
- Bake for 45 minutes checking for doneness after 30 minutes
I hope you enjoy this chicken and don’t forget to call me if you need oregano.
Talk soon, ❤️💕 Bernadette