During the relentlessly interchangeable days of the pandemic lockdown a member of our group named Mag could always be counted on to make us smile. I know we all looked forward to Mag’s text messages. Somehow she was able to examine our shared experience, absolutely hit the target regarding our feelings and then give us a reason to laugh at ourselves. This is an example of one of those messages –
Even the name of her recipe indicates her attitude toward life.
EASY PEASY FISH – Covid Dinner #53
Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone;
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 2 6oz pieces of thick white fish, cod, halibut, sea bass
- 1 ripe tomato diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon of Wegman’s Basting Oil
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place fish on slightly oiled baking pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix remaining ingredients and divide evenly on top of fish.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until done.
- Drizzle little more Wedgman’s Basting Oil.
Special Notes: In Mag’s words: I made this by the seat of my pants for Skip and I one night when we were trying to stop eating everything in sight…..and we loved it. Light and healthy……of course with a martini! I roasted asparagus with the same basting oil and salt/pepper on the same baking sheet with the fish – easy peasey.
Talk soon, ❤️💕 Bernadette