CRAZY COVID COOKING #2 – saving our sanity by sharing our recipes

Hi there,

During the relentlessly interchangeable days of the pandemic lockdown a member of our group named Mag could always be counted on to make us smile. I know we all looked forward to Mag’s text messages. Somehow she was able to examine our shared experience, absolutely hit the target regarding our feelings and then give us a reason to laugh at ourselves. This is an example of one of those messages –

Even the name of her recipe indicates her attitude toward life.

EASY PEASY FISH – Covid Dinner #53

Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone;
Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Ingredients:

• 2 6oz pieces of thick white fish, cod, halibut, sea bass
  • 1 ripe tomato diced
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 1 small shallot minced
  • 1 tablespoon of Wegman’s Basting Oil
  • chopped parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  2. Place fish on slightly oiled baking pan. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Mix remaining ingredients and divide evenly on top of fish.
  4. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until done.
  5. Drizzle little more Wedgman’s Basting Oil.

Special Notes: In Mag’s words:  I made this by the seat of my pants for Skip and I one night when we were trying to stop eating everything in sight…..and we loved it.  Light and healthy……of course with a martini! I roasted asparagus with the same basting oil and salt/pepper on the same baking sheet with the fish – easy peasey.

Talk soon, ❤️💕 Bernadette

17 Comments Add yours

1. chef mimi says:

Isn’t it weird that we can’t remember what day it is?! I’m always a day off… Great fish recipe. And I’m getting some cod shipped this week. Or next…

Liked by 5 people

2. This looks really delicious! I’m not familiar with Wegman’s Basting Oil, is it easily found?

Liked by 5 people

1. BERNADETTE says:

Do you have a Wegman’s supermarket in your area? If not, it really is just olive oil with dry seasoning left in the bottle for flavor. I am sure you could make it yourself.

Liked by 3 people

1. No Wegman’s here! Love flavored oils though!

Liked by 3 people

3. Tanooki says:

Lovely meal! I love it❤️

Liked by 5 people

4. Butterfly says:

Ur dishes look so beautiful they without doubt makes me hungry! No matter if I had my lunch/ dinner!! 😄

Liked by 2 people

5. BERNADETTE says:

Thank you so much, that is very high praise.

Liked by 3 people

6. Linda says:

Mag sounds like a blast!! And her fish sounds tasty too. Have a great weekend 😃

Liked by 6 people

1. BERNADETTE says:

She is. Enjoy today and tomorrow Linda. Sunday looks like a wash out.

Liked by 3 people

7. CarolCooks2 says:

Sometimes the best and tastiest dishes we make are ones we make on a wing and a prayer in 20 mins..sounds lovely 🙂 x

Liked by 3 people

8. I don’t remember the underwear but I know I lost track of the days during the pandemic; except for trash day! Not many appointments or plans last year so one day was just like the next. The fish sounds very tasty – simple as it should be!

Liked by 3 people

1. BERNADETTE says:

In our area it was a big thing to wear those panties when you were a little girl. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Enjoy your weekend.

Liked by 2 people

1. Linda says:

We all had those little undies – I loved to wear mine when I was young. My sister Heidi had them too – but she refused to wear the correct panty on the day of the week – Always the rebel! 🤣

Liked by 1 person

2. BERNADETTE says:

That is so funny about Heidi.

Liked by 1 person

9. What a nice and inviting fish recipe . Have a blessed week.

Liked by 2 people

10. haha, love the undies!

Liked by 1 person

11. da-AL says:

how cute! we can wear our special undies as we eat? 🙂

Liked by 1 person