LOVE AND CHOCOLATE

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”

― Charles M. Schulz

Hi there,

I am goofy, over the moon in love with my grandchildren. And probably my best way of showing love is to make the object of my devotion something to eat. So, I spent the other morning making white chocolate bark decorated with small little heart jimmies. I found these little Valentine’s mailboxes on Amazon and I am going to fill the mailboxes with the candy and a card. I can’t wait to see their faces. Feel free to copy this idea for your own loved one or ones.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 bag roasted, salted pistachios
  • 2, 11 oz bags of Ghiradelli white chocolate chips
  • 3, 10 oz bags of Ghiradelli white chocolate melting wafters
  • 2, 5 oz bags of Mariani dried cherries
  • 2, 4oz Ghiradelli white chocolate baking bars
  • heat shaped jimmies

Directions:

• using your slow cooker layer:
  • chocolate chips followed by
  • pistachios then
  • white melting wafers then
  • dried cherries
  • finishing with broken up chocolate baking bars
  • put slow cooker on low
  • watch carefully and continue to stir until chocolate is melted and ingredients combined
  • on a good stretch of nonstick aluminum foil spoon out the mixture to for a rectangle
  • sprinkle the jimmies on the candy
  • when just about set, score the candy
  • when completely set, break into pieces along the scored lines

Special note: this recipe may look a little daunting but it is super easy. I tried to use a heart shaped cookie cutter but it “just didn’t cut it”. If anyone makes this candy into fancy shapes, please let me know.

Love, love, love, Bernadette💕💕💕

12 Comments Add yours

1. chef mimi says:

Very sweet! Literally!

Liked by 1 person

1. bernlag says:

Thanks for stopping by.

Liked by 1 person

2. Linda says:

You have some very lucky grandchildren! Looks so yummy!

1. bernlag says:

I am the lucky one. I am restraining myself from showing you loads of pictures😛

Liked by 1 person

1. Linda says:

Love it! 💕

3. Grandchildren and love go hand in hand, chocolate doesn’t hurt either!

Liked by 1 person

1. bernlag says:

Thanks for the compliment and taking the time to read.

Liked by 1 person

4. This is lovely, dear Bernadette! Happy Valentine’s!

5. bernlag says:

Thanks so much. It was a fun post and project. Hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day.

6. terrie gura says:

I love the way you speak of your grandchildren, Bernadette. When I was a little girl (all those years ago), I spent so much time with my grandma, and she was ALWAYS trying to fix me something to eat! ❤
    This is a fun and simple way to make a bark candy; never would I have thought to do it in a slow cooker!

1. bernlag says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read. I am an older grandmother on a mission that my grandchildren will remember me.