A great majority of us seem to be turning to the homemade as a more heartfelt way to give a Christmas present or a hostess present, I thought I would share with you a very easy way to make Biscotti. You can make these delicious cookies in the morning and have them wrapped for giving by the afternoon.
- 1 (15.6 oz.) pkg. Pillsbury Cranberry Quick Bread Mix
- !/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup white vanilla chips
- 2 to 5 tablespoons all purpose flower
- 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine quick bread mix, butter and eggs; stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened. (Dough will be sticky.) Stir in vanilla chips.
- Sprinkle work surface with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the flour. Turn dough out onto floured surface. Roll dough into ball, adding flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Divide dough in half; place on sprayed cookie sheet. Form each half into 9×3-inch loaf, placing 4 inches apart. Flatten tops slightly.
- Bake at 350°F. for 23 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool 15 minutes.
- On cutting board, cut each loaf into 3/4-inch crosswise slices. Place slices upright and 1 inch apart on same cookie sheet.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
You can add a 1/2 cup of nuts to this recipe to make it super delicious. I particularly like to use pistachios but any nut lends itself well to this recipe. Also, if I have time, I skip the powdered sugar and melt white or dark chocolate and ice the cookies with the chocolate and sprinkle some holiday jimmies on the sliced cookies.