I am sharing with you a cocktail that I have named THE 2020 because the drink is complex in flavor with delicious bitter undertones. Sort of like the year, right? I have to give credit to my friend, Susan Murphy, who introduced me to Deep Eddy Vodka during the height of the pandemic in the spring and then shared the delicious oranges that I used as garnish.
- Coupe glass
- Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka
- Crushed Ice
- Trader Joe’s Dried Orange Slices
- Fill coupe glass half way with crushed ice
- Add Deep Eddy to the 2/3 mark
- Add Campari to remaining 1/3
- Pour into shaker and shake vigorously
- Pour back into coupe and garnish with orange slice
- Enjoy while meditating on the thought that not everything in 2020 was terrible and we all learned to appreciate simple pleasures.
Cheers, Bernadette, Xxx