I am not sure that this is the greatest idea ever to add to the plethora of cooking sites. But I am sticking my foot in the water because I have been encouraged to share my knowledge of cooking. My purpose is to take classic recipes and make them simple and modern for the everyday cook.
Here is an example of what people can come to expect from my blog.
SIMPLIFIED BARK CANDY
I made these sweet treats to give as presents this holiday season. The classic recipe involves using a double boiler and generally run to about 1/2 hour prep time. Using my Instant Pot Slow cooker the candy was made in under 2 hours with the bonus of a one pot clean up.
- one bag of Heath Bar Crunch Chip (only available in one size)
- one bag of Guittard Organic Semisweet Chocolate Baking Wafers
- one bag of Guittard Organic While Chocolate Baking Wafers
- one 4 oz package of unsweetened chocolate bar
- 6 oz of shelled pistachio nuts
- 6 oz of dried blueberries
- parchment paper and nonstick foil
Line the slow cooker with parchment paper. Add in this order:
- Heath Bar Crunch
- White and Dark Chocolate Baking Wafers
- Unsweetened chocolate bark broken into pieces
Stir the ingredients and put in slow cooker on low for one and a half hour. Every fifteen minutes or so thoroughly stir the ingredients from bottom to top. When all chocolate has completely melted pour the bark onto nonstick foil. Smooth and let sit. Before the bark has completely set create squares.
It will take several hours for the bark to completely set up but once it is hard just break apart the bark at the scored marks.
I wrapped my pieces into individual servings and put into these adorable boxes I purchased from Anthropologie.
I hope you enjoy and leave a comment about how your candy turned out and maybe what you did different.
If you have a question, please post it in the comment section and I will get back to you ASAP.
The goodness is in the giving,